I know I had promised folks more info by Monday but I couldn’t catch Bob on Monday and he was out until today. So, here’s the scoop:
Bob has us at the $29 / $39 rates ($29 weekday, $39 weekend). You can go ahead and make reservations by emailing Bob Cohen with the following info:
1. Mention me!!!! Tell him that you’re part of my group. This is a special rate so Bob needs to know you’re not some shlub just trying to get a cheap room.
2. Give Bob the following info:
- Full Name
- Phone number
- Birthday (he’ll have a player card waiting for you when you arrive and bday is required for player card sign ups)
- Dates you wish to reserve
- Preference of two double beds or one king
- Preference of Smoking or non-smoking rooms
3. Ping me and let me know you’re booked. Of course, this is optional but it is appreciated as I’ll try to keep a running list so everybody knows who’s coming and will give me a good idea of who to contact with new info and guesstimating the total number of players in the tournament. You can either leave a note in the comments or email me using the contact link at the top of the page.
Bob’s email is the first letter of his first name and then his full last name @ ImperialPalace.com (how’s that for screwing up the spam bots?).
If you choose not to stay at the Imperial Palace, ping me too so I at least know that we should reserve a chair for you at the tournament. I don’t think they’ll cap it but they may if it gets too large so don’t get left out 🙂
Lastly, this looks to be a pretty exciting adventure. PokerProf and I are working hard to line up some cool stuff. I’ll let him announce it when it’s final but he got an informal “sure” from one pro that several people have written about in their blogs. I’ve also spoken with a blogger favorite who said he’s 95% sure he’ll come. We’re also working on a Q&A or instructional session prior to the tournament ala the last Winter Classic.
See you in Vegas!
For a complete list of who’s coming, see this post.